Would you be concerned??

• Heh... liberally apply pork chop grease to the lens. :-P;-)

Just kidding... don't touch the camera yourself. I agree with the others... contact the folks at the day care center and, quite possibly, the police. Steve also has a caveat... perhaps they have a child at the day care center and are just keeping an eye out for their kids. I believe I'd try to determine that before I called the cops.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• lmu92 (10/28/2009)

If that person takes pictures of parents parking "too long", so what? Afaik such "evidence" cannot be used at court against the person that parked the car.

From my point of view it looks like all the camera is good for is to use the material when complaining to the city.

So, the interesting question is:

How the city reps are going to deal with that individual?

Maybe the center admin should talk to the city. What you've told so far, chances are good that the city will support your (or the center) position rather than this person.

I'd say: let the authorities fight that battle...

The bar for allowance of evidence in civil trials is lower, it might not be usable in a criminal (how criminal is parking really?) trial, but to show a pattern in a civil trial, it almost certainly could be used. If housing values are affected and it can be pinned on this center, it would be great evidence in civil court for that. Now I know a bunch of this is speculative. Given the additional history, by the OP, this doesn't look anywhere near as ominous as it did at the beginning. Also given this guys persistence the center WILL have trouble with him in the future so if any of his issues are valid, it would behoove (sp?) them to address them with the parents as much as possible. They may not be able to address them all or even most, but hit the low hanging fruit, it at least looks like they are trying. But if they don't and this guy has at least some valid issues the center starts to look like the bad guy.. But then again this is not something that would likely go to court but be settled in the court of public opinion..

Heh... liberally apply pork chop grease to the lens.

Jeff... That is called vandalism and would lead to more trouble than it solves. It also gives him more ammo against them.. That doesn't help here..

CEWII

• It was a joke, Elliot... no one in their right mind would waste perfectly good gravy base on such a task. 😉

--Jeff Moden

________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Helpful Links:

• From what I gather this individual (a retired lawyer) is well known in the city call center for making a variety of complaints against a variety of sources. Perhaps the city is just trying to appease him by passing on these varied (outlandish??) concerns to the daycare centre. They should just tell him to go away but they need to listen to all complaints no matter how trivial they may be.

But I like the idea of pork chop grease...;-)

• Don't need pork chop grease, just shine a sure fire flashlight, or other bright light source, at the camera, and all that will appear is a very bright light overwhelming the picture. No damage, so no vandalism issues.

• j.a.c (10/28/2009)

(a retired lawyer)

Best to steer clear of this guy then and let the city deal with him. But that only highlights a couple of my previous posts.. If the center ignores some of his (more) reasonable issues then he might take action, the more "reasonable" the center is, the better they look and the more defendable their position should he decide to take legal action. Like people blocking driveways, if they ignore that it hurts them, and since I can't think of any outlandish issues I don't have any examples for that..

The flashlight idea is a good one, provided it doesn't damage his camera.

CEWII

• j.a.c (10/28/2009)

(a retired lawyer)

Well, that most probably eliminates the "good guy approach" options....

Arguing with a lawyer wouldn't be anything I'd recommend. That pretty much reduces the options to either the center or the city authorities to deal with that "gentleman".

Regarding the option you have: As Elliot already mentioned in his first reply: consider taking your kid out of the center.

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• I'd talk to the police and/or a lawyer, and go from there if they advise you to.

There's no reason to not ask the police about it. Just don't call 911 to do so (I think it's actually 999 in the UK, if that's where you are). They'll be able to give better advice than a bunch of DBAs.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• A quick update:

The camera has been removed.

I am not sure if the owner of the camera removed it out of his own initiative or was persuaded to by the rather large police officer I saw talking to the day care administrator the other day.

In any case the problem has been resolved.

Thanks all...

• Heh... damn... another pork chop opportunity lost. 😉

I'm glad about this for a couple of reasons... you don't have to get involved anymore (I'm sure you're relieved, as well) and a seemingly impropriatary act, possibly involving kids, has been ended.

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• I'm glad it appears to be resolved and you didn't have to do anything. I'd cautiously watch the apartment for a new, smaller camera, or blinds/shades moving.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply