where is the Metadata stored in Sql server 2005 for SSIS

• Hi,

Could someone let me know (tables) where can I find the metadata storage in

Sql server 2005 for the SSIS related packages?

Thanks

• Hi there,

Try the following:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms137916.aspx

It's broken down pretty well.

• Thanks..

It looks like there are very few tables in msdb database which provides the metadata... its not as extensive as Informatica ETL tool?

Please correct me if am wrong....

• Are you referring to a third party product or the Visual Studio tools used to design these packages?

Also, what information are you looking for?

• Am looking for the metdata repository information (the various transformations;count of records in source; transformation....) of the packages.

There is no third party tool in informatica for achieving teh same

• Hi there,

I honestly don't know, but I don't think that sort of information gets stored anywhere, unless you explicitly write it to a log or table.

• Hey,

SSIS doesnt have the same level of "self-documentation" that you would get on Datastage for example, where you can export the job as HTML and all the metadata is displayed in readable format.

Maybe something that the fellahs at Microsoft may look at soon enough (I hope). In one particular comparrison of ETL tools, one of the criterias was the ability to self-document, and this is where SSIS came up short.

Not the answer you were looking for, but at least you know not to carry on looking.

~PD

• Thanks a lot for the replies!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply