What is the best DR to counteract a corrupt file / table?

• well i've tried the restore of the full backup plus tlogs up to 5am when we had the first error regarding this corruption and it has restored the corruption. I do know that the full backup is not corrupt because that was restored onto our support server and there was no corruption then.

here is an example of the errors from dbcc checktable:

Msg 2511, Level 16, State 2, Line 1

Table error: Object ID 1479845230, index ID 1, partition ID 72057596131278848, alloc unit ID 72057596243542016 (type In-row data). Keys out of order on page (1:4029914), slots 11 and 12.

There are 1264546 rows in 23146 pages for object "TableName".

CHECKTABLE found 0 allocation errors and 158 consistency errors in table 'TableName' (object ID 1479845230).

repair_rebuild is the minimum repair level for the errors found by DBCC CHECKTABLE (Database.dbo.TableName).

DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your system administrator.

_________________________________________________________________________________SQLGeordieWeb:- Jarrin ConsultancyBlog:- www.chrisjarrintaylor.co.ukTwitter:- @SQLGeordie

• Yup - that's what I expected. If you restore all the way up to current and then rebuild the index with ALTER INDEX REBUILD you should be ok.

Paul Randal
    CEO, SQLskills.com: Check out SQLskills online training!
    Blog:www.SQLskills.com/blogs/paul Twitter: @PaulRandal
    SQL MVP, Microsoft RD, Contributing Editor of TechNet Magazine
    Author of DBCC CHECKDB/repair (and other Storage Engine) code of SQL Server 2005

• hmmm, i've tried rebuilding the clustered index on this table (i did this on thursday when we had the issue) and it says its successful but still erroring when i run checktable in my test environment...

_________________________________________________________________________________SQLGeordieWeb:- Jarrin ConsultancyBlog:- www.chrisjarrintaylor.co.ukTwitter:- @SQLGeordie

• With alter index rebuild? Hmm.

Maybe try create index with drop_existing?

Worst case, install CU9 to fix the issue, but then you've got test issues.

Paul Randal
    CEO, SQLskills.com: Check out SQLskills online training!
    Blog:www.SQLskills.com/blogs/paul Twitter: @PaulRandal
    SQL MVP, Microsoft RD, Contributing Editor of TechNet Magazine
    Author of DBCC CHECKDB/repair (and other Storage Engine) code of SQL Server 2005

• create index with drop_existing does not work either but fully dropping the clustered index then re-creating it does.....:w00t:

bit strange that an index rebuild doesn't work but a drop and create does - but at least i now have a potential quick fix for this.

cheers for all your help Paul, much appreciated!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply