Using xp_smtp_sendmail on 64-bit SQL Server

• Has anyone tried using XP_smtp_sendmail provided by sqldev.net on 64-bit sql server?  I have setup smtp mail to email us several notifications.  Plans are to move to 64-bit sql server late this year.  However, while testing smtp mail on it, it gives the following error:

Cannot load the DLL xpsmtp80.dll, or one of the DLLs it references. Reason: 193(error not found)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Eric

• Been there, bought the tee-shirt

We've been in production on clustered 64-bit Itanium 2 servers for the last 6 months now and ended up moving away from xp_smtp_sendmail because it didn't work (it's a 32-bit DLL).

We ended up going back to CDonts until SQL 2005 comes out and we are happy enough with it to migrate (Database Mail is their SMTP based mail system and does work on 64-bit servers)

It's not that hard to make the changes and I'd be happy to help out if you get stuck (as i'm sure most people here would). 

Just to ask another question, you're not planning on using full-text indexing are you, because none of the 3rd party IFilters that are available (PDF, etc)work properly with 64-bit either (we spend a month comming up with a workaround)

Hope this helps,

Mike

• Thanks Mike.  We are also moving to 64-bit Itanium servers and are in the process of testing everything out.  I have moved away from XP_smtp_sendmail and have started using cdonts.  The change was quiet simple but thanks for offering the help.

I do not think we will be using full-text indexing but would like to research it further.  I was not aware of this fact.  Thanks for the caution.

Eric.

• Hi guys,

Is that CDONTS supports queryout or attachements.Please let me know.

Thanks,

Mayil 

DBA

• where can i down load the 64-bit version of xp_smtp_sendmail?

thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply