Using a Parameter in the URL is not working

• OK, this one is driving me nuts....

I have one report that has a link to a second report. The second report shows the detail for call records. I know how to open a report in a new window using the "=void(..." in the Jump to URL property.

The problem is that it opens the report in a new window, but the parameter doesn't get passed in.

So I am just trying to get the parameter to work from the URL. If I open a new Exporer window and manually enter the (well, copy and paste) the URL, it STILL DOESN'T WORK.

This is the URL:

http://itsssa118/Reports/Pages/Report.aspx?ItemPath=%2fCHE+Reporting+Services%2fHEAT+Reports%2fTicket+Journal+Entries&rs:Command=Render&CallID=01344470

CallID is the parameter name. It does not have a default value. I have ensured the case is correct. I checked to ensure the "User Prompt" option is checked. An I've searched the blogs, forums, MSDN, etc. and cannot find an answer.

Has anyone else come across this problem before?

• So, the URL you see in Report Manager does not work when you paste it into another browser tab or instance?

• No, for some reason it doesn't. It brings the report up, but the CallID parameter is blank and it never pulls the data.

• Try dropping the rs:command=Render. I don't think that works without a follow on format command like &rs:Format=render.xml

• dbowlin (8/10/2010)

Try dropping the rs:command=Render. I don't think that works without a follow on format command like &rs:Format=render.xml

No dice. Tried that. Tried a couple of variations of that.

I know the rs.Format parameters allow for XML, CSV, HTML4.0, etc. (never tried the "render.xml" before). The problem still appears to be not recognizing the parameter.

• Try this format for your URL instead.

http://hostname/ReportServer?/folder/report&parameter=value

I am not sure I am completely reading your sample URL properly but it would end up something like this:

http://itsssa118/ReportServer?/CHE+Reporting+Services%2fHEAT+Reports/Ticket+Journal+Entries&CallID=01344470

• IT WORKS!!!

Slower than what I thought it would be, but I've seen others with the same slowness issue.

I don't think I ever seen a clearly case of incorrect documentation in my life. EVERYTHING from Microsoft states that you need the "rs:Command=Render" parameter in the URL. I never thought to REMOVE it!

Thank you very much.

• Glad to help

🙂

• Hi dbowlin!

i have one question, if CallerID is a field with multi-value option and with filled data in it. how wud url be in that case ? i have seen one thing i have multi-value option selected and dont populate this combobox with values then if u give values with parameters then it will work. e.g.

callerID=10025,20025,30045

but when u have values in this combobox then it doesnot work? how can we give more than one values in this case?

Kindest Regards,

Atif Saeed Khan

• atif saeed khan (8/12/2010)

Hi dbowlin!

i have one question, if CallerID is a field with multi-value option and with filled data in it. how wud url be in that case ? i have seen one thing i have multi-value option selected and dont populate this combobox with values then if u give values with parameters then it will work. e.g.

callerID=10025,20025,30045

but when u have values in this combobox then it doesnot work? how can we give more than one values in this case?

I have not tried this....sorry.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply