User permissions not setup correctly

• I have a front-end tool that is done through an Access project and all of the back-end is setup on sql server. I have a non-system admin user that utilizes this tool everyday. Sometimes, when the user runs the tool, it gets to a point in the program, where its supposed to insert records into a table, but the insert does not work and the program just completes without this run. This only happens some days. I have turned on all of the permissions so this user can write to this table and set it up so the user can own the database. Does anyone have any suggestions what could be going on? I've ran a debug trying to check for any duplicate records for this insert into the table, but no duplicates exists.

• Do you get any errors while doing this and also what permissions this user has got?

• No, we are not seeing any errors when running the stored procedures.

I setup this user to have full access to this database so they are able to read and write to the necessary tables.

I have a feeling it could be the users profile setup on the Windows Server 2003. What do you think?

• I assume the user has EXEC authority to the stored proc in question?

Francis

• Yes they do.

• Maybe the transaction is being rolled back because of Triggers?

Mohit.

[font="Arial"]---

Mohit K. Gupta, MCITP: Database Administrator (2005), My Blog, Twitter: @SQLCAN[/url].
    Microsoft FTE - SQL Server PFE

* Some time its the search that counts, not the finding...
    * I didn't think so, but if I was wrong, I was wrong. I'd rather do something, and make a mistake than be frightened and be doing nothing. :smooooth:[/font]

How to ask for help .. Read Best Practices here[/url].

• Using Profiler may be the best way to figure out what is happening. Profiler output can get pretty large so you probably don't want to leave this one for a long time but if you can manage to recreate the error the profiler output may help a lot. There is a free download of a book on http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/books/65797/ which may help.

Francis

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply