Upgrades SQL2k sp3 from Windows 2K to Windows 2003

• Does anyone know of any known issues regarding the upgrade of a SQL2k sp3 from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003.  Please post information pertaining to non-clusters sql servers and 2 node active-passive clusters

Thanks

• I have been running SQL 2000 SP3 with Windows 2003 (upgraded from 2000) for about a year now in production.  I know of no issues, in fact I got about a 15% overall performance increase due to the hyper-threading capabilities with multi-processor in Windows 2003. 

A.J.
    DBA with an attitude

• Thanks for you response.  Were any of you servers clustered and if so did you experience any problems during the upgrade?

• The only issue I have run into when upgrading from Win 2000 to Win 2003 is regarding the OLEDB.dll driver not being correctly upgraded.  This typically only reers its ugly head when dealing with third-party tools that utilize OLEDB.  The KB article can be found below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;883547

This article refers to sharepoint access but the problem occurs in several other scenarios.

This is the only issue that I have seen regarding a 2000 to 2003 upgrade.

• Thanks for your response Jason.

• None of my servers were clustered.

A.J.
    DBA with an attitude

• If your servers will participate in remote queries - add one of the Windows components - DTC (Distribution Transaction Coordinator is not installed by default in Windows 2003).

• Thanks Svetlana.

If DTC is already installed on Windows 2000 will the upgrade to windows 2003 uninstall it?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply