upgrade error in merge replication

• hello all

i want to create merge replication at two sqlserver 2005 advance server.i create snapshot and build database on second server.the replication is working but when i want to do any change on publication database, sqlserver show this error to me:

Msg 20092, Level 16, State 1, Procedure MSmerge_disabledml_86B52CF4CF4B425AB643B9BA6E7E4385, Line 8

Table '[dbo].[bpCO]' into which you are trying to insert, update, or delete data is currently being upgraded or initialized for merge replication. On the publisher data modifications are disallowed until the upgrade completes and snapshot has successfully run. On subscriber data modifications are disallowed until the upgrade completes or the initial snapshot has been successfully applied and it has synchronized with the publisher.

Msg 3609, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

The transaction ended in the trigger. The batch has been aborted.

Could You Kindly Help Me?

thanks

Ali Asghar Sharifi (UserID=328747

• What do you mean by change on publication database?

Are you trying to modify the non replicated objects?

If you are adding columns to replicated tables then you should use sp_repladdcolumn procedure not alter table command...

MohammedU
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP

• i don't want  change the table structure but when i want  to update ,insert or delete any row in replicated tables at publicated server, sql server  show me that message.

• Remove the subscription and delete the triggers from subscribed table...

If there are no other subscriptions in that db then run sp_removedbreplication procedure...

Resubscribe and see what happens.

MohammedU
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP

• you could refer to

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=380769&SiteID=1

thanks and regards

James Xu

• Thanks  all for involving.i check tables on publicationt database and see there was MS_merge disable triggers in all table that didn't let any update perform on table.when i removed them manualy the problem was corrected.I think this occured becuase i restore databes from other server that has sqlserver 2000.

Do enyone know ho can backup publication database without rowguid in tables and other replication proprty?

Happy new year

by best regards

• You can't backup the db without replication info including replication properties...

When you restore the db other than the server which was backed up sql server removes replication but not rowids from tables unless keep replication option is specified...

MohammedU
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP

• Those triggers you deleted are added by replication during the initialization process. They are there to prevent data from being updated while the schemas are being modified. They should only be there for a couple of minutes. If they are there longer, then something has gone wrong and replication needs to be dropped and recreated.

My blog: SQL Soldier[/url]
    SQL Server Best Practices:
    SQL Server Best Practices
    Twitter: @SQLSoldier
    My book: Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring[/url]
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, Data Platform MVP
    Database Engineer at BlueMountain Capital Management[/url]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply