unable to open a table.. please help me

• i have installed Microsoft SQL server 2000(evaluated version). I opened enterprise manager.and opened one of the default database.(Northwind).I clikced on the tables in the Northwind. On the right side of the console I right-clicked on one of the table and tried to open table--> Return all rows.. I am getting a message saying that "Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed".

• Hi Shashi,

There may be the installatioon problem on your server. Have u tried on reinstalling that SQL Server Evaluated version ?

Regards.

Prashant Thakwanithakwani_prashant@yahoo.co.in

• Your reply is greatly appreciated.I tried to reinstall the sql server evaluated version. I installed it 3 to 4 times restarting my computer. But still its giving me the same problem.
    I am using Windows Xp OS. Do I need to take care of anything before installation. I even removed Office XP from my system thinking if that has anything to do with the installation. Please let me know. I dont know why nobody gave me any reply except you.
  • Hi Shashi,

It seems that you are having the problem of MDAC.

Once i got the same error like this. At that point i install the MDAC and it works fine. So install the MDAC 2.7, and then let me know after that.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Prashant Thakwanithakwani_prashant@yahoo.co.in

• This is definately the problem -- if working with Win2K or greater, then you want the latest MDAC (2.7 or 2.8) - downloadable free from Microsoft.

That should clear your problem.

-- Joe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply