Unable to connect to debugger on ...

• Hello,

When I’m debugging a store procedure in Query analyzer (SQL Server 2000) I get the message:

Server: Msg 504, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_sdidebug, Line 1

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Unable to connect to debugger on ServerName (Error = 0x800706ba).

Ensure that client-side components, such as SQLDBREG.EXE, are installed and registered on Me.

Debugging disabled for connection 57.

Tried:

- EXEC ... 'legacy_on'

- firewall is disabled

On my computer I have Windows XP (SP2), SQL Server 2000 client tools, SQL Server 6.5 client tools and Visual Studio 6.

The server is Windows 2000 (SP1) and SQL Server (SP3)

P.S. If I’m debugging from client with Windows 2000 (SP4), SQL Server 2000 client tools, SQL Server 6.5 client tools and Visual Studio 6 everything is ok.

Can somebody help me, please?

Thank you in advance.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Could be the XP sp2 firewall thing, or it could be that the xp machine is sitting in a different domain (debugging does not work across domains).

Shamless self promotion - read my blog http://sirsql.net

• My SQL Debug problem is almost exactly the same as above.  If it's the "firewall thing", what programs must be excepted?

Here is the difference:

Server: Msg 504, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_sdidebug, Line 1

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Unable to connect to debugger on XXXXXXXX (Error = 0x800706ba). Ensure that client-side components, such as SQLDBREG.EXE, are installed and registered on TOMPHILLIPS. Debugging disabled for connection 58.

The problem is, I'm not connected to XXXXXXXX, I am connected to YYYYYYYY. The sp is in YYYYYYYYY.  I don't want anything to do with XXXXXXXX. Doesn't matter if I'm connected to YYYYYYYY or not, Debug opens a connection to XXXXXXXX.

Somewhere there is a setting that points the debuger to XXXXXXXX even though I want YYYYYYYY.  Anyone know where that is?

• Hi,

I've just had exactly the same issue on a W2K PC.  It had been working OK a few weeks ago and the only thing that will have changed on both DB server and PC are Microsoft Updates - I don't fancy taking these off to work out if they have caused the issue.

Look forward to any help on this.

Thanks

Nick Hodgson

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply