Trying to add some specifications to existing audit log in sqlserver but not wor

• Trying to add some specifications to existing audit log in sqlserver but not working

1. Already audit log is in disabled state in server level and in database level , audit log is disabled but cannot do audit add specifications in sql server

when I tried to run the specifications its giving below error

Msg 33229, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Changes to an audit specification must be done while the audit specification is disabled.

Thanks
    Naga.Rohitkumar

• That error is pretty self explanatory.

You may have disabled the audit, but you haven't disabled the audit specification.

Ensure you disable the right thing, and then it will let you modify it.

• Dear Green ,

Its in disable state in both server level and in the database base level also even getting error --You may have disabled the audit, but you haven't disabled the audit specification- done both

Msg 33229, Level 16, State 1, Line 11

Changes to an audit specification must be done while the audit specification is disabled.

Thanks
    Naga.Rohitkumar

• The error message is saying otherwise.

Please provide screenshots of your SSMS window so we can actually see what is happening, as in my SQL2022 setups, I only get the error when it is enabled.

If I disable the specification it works as intended.

Also provide the output of

select * from sys.database_audit_specifications
    select * from sys.server_audits
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Dear Green,

found the fix it need to be disable at under server Audit specification  folder then it can be done

Thanks
    Naga.Rohitkumar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply