Trnsactional Replication in SQL 2000

• I am having issues with transactional replication and my maintenace plan.  When my maintenace plan (optimization and integriity) runs it blows up my replicated db transaction log. I am not sure how to handle this situation. We are running SQL 2000 sp4.  We are running into space issue, lack there of.  I need to run the optimization and integrity checks but I cannot run out of room. The db we are replicating is in simple recovery model.

Thank you,

Carol

• Hi Carol,

This isn't my script - I got it on this site. But it works for the optimization side.

EXEC sp_MSforeachtable @command1="DBCC DBREINDEX ('[yourdb].?') WITH NO_INFOMSGS CHECKPOINT"

BACKUP LOG WUMS WITH TRUNCATE_ONLY -- There should be nothing to truncate

DBCC SHRINKFILE (yourdb_Log',500) -- You can adjust for a minimum log file size

Regards

Eoin

• Quick question, what WUMS stand for? Is a generic name? I used this script in the past, but I stated the Log name.

Another quick one, can youo shrink your log as much as you possible can after the snapshot has been created?

Thank you

• YOu can shrink the log as much as you want, however keep it in reasonable proportion to the Data file 

WUMS is our testdb name. My bad.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply