Transactional replication is not working

• Good Morning.

I have transactional replication running in production and test environments (SQL 2000 SP3). I am using the same replication setup script that was used in prodution server, for the past several months when ever test databases need to be refreshed. Now the problem is, replication in my test databases is not working.  When a change occurs in the publisher database, I can see the Log reader and publication are sending the transactions but don't see the changes updated in the subscription database. I do not see any failed processes anywhere in replication monitor. I am unable to locate the problem.

Can someone please help!!

TIA, Aruna

• Hi there

Seems that there is a problem with your distribution agent . Have you looked at your agent history to see if there is any problems ? ...maybe create the publication manually without useing the script ...difficult to anser this one ..

Hope I helped

• Dear CoetzeeW:

Thank you for the reply. You are a big help. I didn't think of try setting up manually. I think the problem is SQL Agent has been set to use system account which will fail replication. I don't think the script recognizes this message. I am requesting my Network manager to change that and hope that fixes the problem.

I will comminicate my findings after that account is reset.

Thank you again, have a good day!

• SQL Server Services HAVE to be started with a Domain Account not local system account if you want replication to work.

Kindest Regards,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply