Transaction Issues

• Hello all.

I'm having a problem with an application and a client Windows migration.

The client machine is originally with winNT, and the machine replacements have win2k. This application runs fine with old machines, but with the new ones I get stuck (I doesn't have the app source code).

Digging with DBCC and Profiler, I've realized that there are an open transaction that remains open, and is blocking all new operations needed. But the weird question is that this is happening only in win2k machines.

Looking in profiler for the initial client connection record, I see this connection is made with SET IMPLICIT_TRANSACTIONS OFF, so I think the problem is that the ODBC on the new machine is using this as a default.

Do you know how to change the connection propierties for ODBC and change it to SET IMPLICIT_TRANSACTION ON?

Thanks

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I'm not an expert on these types of problems, but it sounds to me like it may be an MDAC version problem.  As a test, you could upgrade the MDAC on a test NT machine to the version in your 2k machines, and see if the problem occurs.  I don't know if you can downgrade the MDAC on a 2k box.

I'm grasping at straws here, because nobody else has posted, so I may be waay off base.

Steve

• Thanks Steve.

I couldn't try what you proposed, because in the end, the project leader decided to go back to NT because of the many problems (this is only one of them) migrating to win2k.

Hate to having OLD software running on new OS/Machines.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply