...... 9

...... 8

...... 7

...... 6

...... 5

• Monday

Sounds like "mundane."

"Just another manic Monday . . . "

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• Avatar (Should I go see it or not? Here both sides of the story and have not decided yet.)

• The cinematography is AWESOME. Go see it in IMAX 3D if you can. It is worth the price of admission. However, if you are looking for a decent plot... remember, this is an action flick out of Hollywood with tree hugger overtones. If you can handle/ignore that, you'll enjoy the movie.

-- Kit

• crookj (1/11/2010)

Avatar (Should I go see it or not? Here both sides of the story and have not decided yet.)

Only if you're going to see it in 3D

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Kit G (1/11/2010)

The cinematography is AWESOME. Go see it in IMAX 3D if you can. It is worth the price of admission. However, if you are looking for a decent plot... remember, this is an action flick out of Hollywood with tree hugger overtones. If you can handle/ignore that, you'll enjoy the movie.

Hadn't heard that before (tree hugger undertones), but figured it. Haven't seen it yet and am not sure I want to commit that much time to another Titanic (yack).

Learn Extended Events

• My word for the day: Future

Learn Extended Events

• crookj (1/11/2010)

Avatar (Should I go see it or not? Here both sides of the story and have not decided yet.)

I'd love to see it, just don't seem to have the funds to go.

• Lynn Pettis (1/11/2010)

crookj (1/11/2010)

I'd love to see it, just don't seem to have the funds to go.

maybe a Kilo of Unobtanium from Pandora can help you retire early...:hehe:

The_SQL_DBA
    MCTS

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives."

• Purpose.

John Rowan

======================================================
    ======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• CirquedeSQLeil (1/11/2010)

Kit G (1/11/2010)

The cinematography is AWESOME. Go see it in IMAX 3D if you can. It is worth the price of admission. However, if you are looking for a decent plot... remember, this is an action flick out of Hollywood with tree hugger overtones. If you can handle/ignore that, you'll enjoy the movie.

Hadn't heard that before (tree hugger undertones), but figured it. Haven't seen it yet and am not sure I want to commit that much time to another Titanic (yack).

Titantic sucked... because... well... it sucked (and proved that you can buy Academy awards cause Titanic certainly didn't earn them). Most of the specials in Titanic were hokey (the iceberg and the guy going into the propeller) and the acting was... yeah... right. (Personally, I cheered when Leonardo DiCaprio drowned, the movie was that bad.)

This isn't another Titanic. The specials are worth it and really, see it in 3D, IMAX if you can. I also saw a trailer for the Space Shuttle mission that went up to fix the Hubble Telescope. They filmed the whole thing in IMAX 3D, taking IMAX 3D cameras up with them, and during the trailer, I swear, I felt like I could have reached out and touched the Hubble Telescope. The 3D technology has improved a lot and it shows. Definitely worth the price of admission. Word of advice though, pre-purchase your tickets or call to make sure they still have tickets available for when you want to see it, showings are selling out.

-- Kit

• Kit G (1/11/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (1/11/2010)

Kit G (1/11/2010)

Titantic sucked... because... well... it sucked (and proved that you can buy Academy awards cause Titanic certainly didn't earn them). Most of the specials in Titanic were hokey (the iceberg and the guy going into the propeller) and the acting was... yeah... right. (Personally, I cheered when Leonardo DiCaprio drowned, the movie was that bad.)

This isn't another Titanic. The specials are worth it and really, see it in 3D, IMAX if you can. I also saw a trailer for the Space Shuttle mission that went up to fix the Hubble Telescope. They filmed the whole thing in IMAX 3D, taking IMAX 3D cameras up with them, and during the trailer, I swear, I felt like I could have reached out and touched the Hubble Telescope. The 3D technology has improved a lot and it shows. Definitely worth the price of admission. Word of advice though, pre-purchase your tickets or call to make sure they still have tickets available for when you want to see it, showings are selling out.

I will probably go see it in the theaters - if for nothing else than to see the special effects.

Learn Extended Events

• speed

The_SQL_DBA
    MCTS

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives."

• Thx for the replies all....

We do have an IMAX here in town so I guess my Wife and I are heading out to use the Cinemark gift card my daughter gave me a while back. Just hope it hasn't expired 🙂 I will let you know imho what I thought about it after the show. My Son and Daughter did say it is one loooooonnnnggg movie though.

Joe

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 21,190 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply