Time Off

• For me, playing Gears of War with my soon-to-be newly adopted son and then taking him to Lake Michigan.  That is relaxing.

• Brewing a new batch of beer or poking around in the garden.

-Dan B

• Warm beach, brunette, long runs, plenty of beer - repeat as necessary...

JR

• For once I can relax and not do optimizations, at my previous job the only time I could do the optimizations where on long weekends, so I never got any off. 

This weekend:  F-1 qualifying and race, followed by the Indy 500 on Sunday.  I try to watch all F-1 races (thank god for DVR's, makes me not have to get up at 4 am to watch the races), but other than that only watch Indy 500 and Daytona 500.

Hopefully by next May I'll have a motorcycle again and go ride ride ride!

• I will be remembering our servicemen past and present that put their lives on the line for this country.

Scott

• Going to visit my brother and enjoy my time with him. Geocaching, hanging out, gaming, and just relaxing away from home. Chinese brunch on Sunday and then the ride back home Sunday. Monday - laundry for the week and geocaching closer to home. Ahhh... it'll be nice to have time with my husband away from his work

• Grilling some dead animals and hopefully riding at least 30 miles (50KM for you metric types) on my bicycle one day of the weekend. Cheers!

• Go flying.

Or if you have a girl friend who wants to get away for the weekend, go to the beach.

• weather permitting, I will be taking my family up to where my wife and me met.  Always a good time, and 3 hours away, unwired.  If the weather does not co-operate, I will be completing numerous tasks around the house - still un-wired.  Oh, and my 3 day weekend is actually a 4 day weekend, and starts today - I know, I am still wired, but it is a controled kind of wired - can't quit cold turkey!

Have a good, safe weekend all!

C

-- Cory

• As others have mentioned, I'll be lifting a mug to those who gave the last full measure in service to our country and thanking every veteran of military service I know.

Other than that, Memorial Day officially kicks off summer reading season. I have half a dozen books due from Amazon any day now. At the top of the list is Isaacson's biography of Einstein.

:{> Andy

Andy Leonard, Chief Data Engineer, Enterprise Data & Analytics

• It's a toss up, either drive to Pittsburgh and see some old friends, or stay at home and brew a batch of Wie Heavy for this winter and enjoy some of the IPA I brewed earlier this spring.

Then BBQ and such on the deck.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• I'll be spending three days on a ten-man raft racing down the river Wye on the English-Welsh border. The course is 70 miles long and we camp overnight. Not a PC in sight all weekend.

• Well, in addition to my work here at the job, my wife and I run a ranch, raising goats and herd dogs.  So, when I get home, there are always ranch chores to do.  Yesterday was the last day of school for my children - one is in junior high and the other is in high school.   This increases the available full-time labor pool at the ranch by two.  

Whether you ranch or farm, there is always a proverbial mile of fence that needs repair.  To relax this weekend, my family and I will tend to that "mile", both figuratively and literally.  We plan to repair three gates, dig up and fix a leaky water line, administer worming medicine to the herd (one goat at a time - weigh the goat, calculate the dose, then administer the dose), clean out under the cattle guard (use the tractor to lift the cattle guard off its foundation and then shovel out the accumulation) and, if there is time left over, start building that new chicken coop my wife wants. 

All in all, it will be a very relaxing weekend with lots of team-building exercises and lots of time to talk to each of my children about the school year just gone, the one to come and just life, in general.

• It is good to spend a part of the weekend remembering why we have Memorial Day, and making sure our children, nieces and nephews understand too.

Of course, I bet all of can enjoy the weekend just a little more thinking about Steve on the wrong end of a shovel!

• I will spend part of the weekend thinking about all the men and women who have died protecting my freedom.  Thank you to everyone of the past and present who have served our country.  I hope everyone takes the time to remember that Freedom isn't Free and these men and women are the reason we can live our lives with the benefits that America provides.

Thank You.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply