tempdb grows out of control....

• We have a production server that is up 24/7. Right now the properties of the tempdb are set to automaticlly grow files (in megabyte chunks) and to not restrict the grwoth. I am worried that if I change these settings the server will have problems serving our databases for our website. But, the other problem is that the temdb keeps growing because we don't reboot the server very often or stop and start our sql services. Is there a better way to mange this? Thank you. Any knowlege base articles I should reference for the Boss on this to make him happy....

• quote:

We have a production server that is up 24/7. Right now the properties of the tempdb are set to automaticlly grow files (in megabyte chunks) and to not restrict the grwoth. I am worried that if I change these settings the server will have problems serving our databases for our website. But, the other problem is that the temdb keeps growing because we don't reboot the server very often or stop and start our sql services. Is there a better way to mange this? Thank you. Any knowlege base articles I should reference for the Boss on this to make him happy....

• You can run dbcc shrinkdatabase(tempdb)

from QA anytime.

Robert

• Agree, can schedule it to run at 1:00 am on a Sunday or daily.

• thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply