temp db with raid configuration

• Been doing alot of reading, and I know its not the same for everyone depending on server configuration, users, database size, etc. but had a question on RAID configuration and temp db. People say to put your temp DB on a separate disk RAID 1(again not everyone will use RAID 1, but that's what I have been reading). So by temp DB do they mean both your LDF and MDF file for it, or just MDF and keep your temp db log file with your other log files? Hope this is clear, and thanks in advance for your input.

• J.O. (2/17/2010)

Been doing alot of reading, and I know its not the same for everyone depending on server configuration, users, database size, etc. but had a question on RAID configuration and temp db. People say to put your temp DB on a separate disk RAID 1(again not everyone will use RAID 1, but that's what I have been reading). So by temp DB do they mean both your LDF and MDF file for it, or just MDF and keep your temp db log file with your other log files? Hope this is clear, and thanks in advance for your input.

Keep both LDF and MDF files in separate drive, more importantly LDF file is the one which grows large and will consume complete disk space.

EnjoY!

EnjoY!
  • so for temp db, its recommended to have one drive for ldf and another for the mdf?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply