Tell Your Loved Ones You Care

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Tell Your Loved Ones You Care

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Nothing anyone can say will ease the hurt so please accept this virtual hug from me.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  john.jones.
  • Grant, from my perspective this is very good advice.  My wife and I are 78 years old.  Every morning we are thankful that we wake up together.  When I wake up during the night I reach over, find her, and am thankful that she is there.  Our special times are relaxing  with our first couple cups of coffee and sharing a time of quiet before the day begins, or sharing a glass of wine on our patio in the late afternoon, often with family, friends and neighbors who drop by.

We each have our passtime rooms that are actually at opposite ends of the house, hers with her sewing/embroidery machines and mine the computers.  But I make regular trips there to check on her, give her a hug, and sit a few minutes by her work area.

Five years ago my wife suffered serious septic shock and spent six weeks unconscious/semi-conscious in a hospital bed.  Twice the doctors told me there was no hope for her but she fought her way back.   Due to the sepsis she is now a bilateral below-knee amputee but still cooks, does laundry for us both.

So yes, be sure to hug your spouse and tell them that you love them - while you still can.

Rick
    Disaster Recovery = Backup ( Backup ( Your Backup ) )

• I am so sorry about you loss.

Your beautiful words about embracing the ones that are with us presently, really moved me.

Thank you and God Bless.

• Excellent admonition, Grant. This year we lost a pillar in my area, in our .NET user group. Tom Murdock died in a freak accident this autumn. Tom's passing won't have the same impact upon the larger .NET community that Euan Garden and Dean Vargas's passing will have in the SQL community, but at least locally Tom's passing is having a profound effect. Last week my .NET user group had our holiday get together. We toasted Tom's life and legacy. It's hard losing people like Euan, Dean and Tom.

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

• To all of you out there that know me and to those that do not, because it doesn't matter one way or the other, just be good to each other.  Grant, thanks for  the suggestion and know that I am going to follow it to a "T".

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply