Talking baseball

• Breaking MLB Trading News!

The Nats traded for Johnathan Papelbon.

I knew from day 1 that Papelbon wasn't happy in Philly, he's said as much. Wonder if he can keep his mouth shut in D.C.

This ought to be.... interesting.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Forum posting etiquette.[/url] Get your answers faster.

• And we're coming down the stretch!

Early prediction: this year's World Series will be the Chicago Cubs vs. Toronto Blue Jays.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• Ray K (8/20/2015)

Early prediction: this year's World Series will be the Chicago Cubs vs. Toronto Blue Jays.

Not if the Cubs pitching staff keeps giving up 20 hits a game. Yikes.

• roryp 96873 (8/20/2015)

Ray K (8/20/2015)

Not if the Cubs pitching staff keeps giving up 20 hits a game. Yikes.

Ah. Haven't been paying that close attention to the NL Central. All I saw was that the Cubs were on a hot streak. Yeah, giving up that many hits doesn't bode well for their long-term chances.

However, I'll stand by my Blue Jays prediction (even at the expense of my Yankees). At this point in time, I think they're the best team in the American League.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

• Ya, they were on a hot streak until they started playing the Tigers with the wind howling out at Wrigley. Heck, Lester gave up a two run homer to Tigers starter Daniel Norris in his first ever at bat at any professional level. In Norris' defense though, it was a shot that would have probably gone out, wind or no wind.

• Do NOT count out the Cardinals... they are in it every single year. KC is very strong this year as well.

• Markus (8/21/2015)

Do NOT count out the Cardinals... they are in it every single year. KC is very strong this year as well.

Ya, it's probably a good idea to keep an eye on the teams with the 2 best records in baseball right now. 😛

• Yanks in first, Rockies in last, a mixed year for me.

Not sure how the playoffs will go, but it will be an interesting ride. Will KC do it again in the American?

• This is actually a year I thought that the Giants would win. Injuries and oldness have been their bane (and it is an odd year). Doubtful they'll catch the Dodgers and the Cubs/Pirates look tough. Might be an interesting month and a quarter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • Is it me, or is the runner loafing from third?

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/6479266/v434180983/nyybos-bradley-jr-makes-catch-throws-out-bird

We had a similar play this weekend. Hard grounder to deep short, and the runner on third goes at the crack of the bat. He's running, but slows near the plate and doesn't slide. Throw from short gets him.

We also had a throw back from the catcher to third after a pitch and the runner falls to the bag, presenting his back and the largest surface area to the third baseman to be tagged.

Hustle on the bases, and slide. Get low and avoid tags.

• Toronto transformed: At deadline, Blue Jays added Tulo, Price ... and 'an aura'

This is why the Blue Jays are scaring the heck out of me (and maybe even the rest of MLB) right now. I see a lot of similarities between these guys and the Core Four Yankees in their prime. I think Toronto may have won the World Series at the trading deadline.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (9/1/2015)

Hustle on the bases, and slide. Get low and avoid tags.

He definitely wasn't hustling, we've seen that so many times with "easy base hits" that turn into outs. In my opinion, if you don't hustle, you don't play.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

• That doesn't work in the 50+ league. All we can do is razz the guy and hope he'll change.

Playoffs Sun for me. We rematch against the team we lost to two weeks ago 9-8. Hopefully I've have another 3-4 day (or better)

• calvo (7/29/2015)

Breaking MLB Trading News!

...Wonder if he can keep his mouth shut in D.C.

This ought to be.... interesting.

Wow, told you it would be interesting. Papelbon telling Harper that he needs to hustle on an easy fly-out. Oh man, Harper is the wrong player to confront on his ability to hustle to first.

Afterwards, Papelbon said a lot of stuff about it. Comparing it to being brothers etc. I never choked my brother, lol. Harper did a better job avoiding the questions and "focusing on the next 6 games" but you could read his face that he was pretty ticked off.

You all know I'm not the biggest Harper fan, but he handled himself well by a) not throwing the first punch and b) being as professional as he could in the post-fight interview.

I'm sticking to it, Harper will end up in pinstripes shortly (Yankee pinstripes).

• calvo (9/28/2015)

I'm sticking to it, Harper will end up in pinstripes shortly (Yankee pinstripes).

I hope so! 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1,501 through 1,515 (of 1,972 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply