T-SQL t export table to Access

• How do I use T-SQL to export a table of my choosing to a pre-defined access database. I want to use t-sql so that it can be coded to a part ofa repeatable and iterative process.

I want to export records from table A to Access database "DataDump".

I was wonderng if it is possible to do this wihout having to use the Wizard all the time?

Also so I need special permissions on the database in order to use t-sql to export data?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• You could add your ACCESS db as a linked server and use it like a SQL Server database.

See BOL, section "linked servers [SQL Server], Access databases" (BooksOnLine, the SQL Server help system usually installed together with SQL Server) for details.

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• Will it always be the same SQL Server table exporting to the same Access table? Why not just

create an SSIS package and then you can schedule it to repeat whenever you like.

• How about creating a LINKED table in the Access database with permissions set for the end user? Then the data is up to date always.

Living in Paradise: N 34°16'07.99" W 119°12'17.58"

• You Can use SQL Import/Export Wizard for transfer the SQL data into Access Database

• I was kind of hoping that there is a t-sql way of exporting data. Your can bulk insert wth t-sql, so why can't you bulk export.

• I think you can use OPENROWSET for this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply