T-SQL and Hyperlink

• Hi

I have hyperlink which gives me two values comma seperated,Is it possible to extract value from hyperlink whithout clicking it...with any sql function

Regards

• r u talking about tabular data that have hyperlinks? also pls post some examples of the text.

• Are the values embedded in the hyperlink (i.e., http://www.mysite.com/Myvalues.html?Myvalues=2,3) or do you have to open the page and then it outputs 2 comma delimited values?

If the first, then just use string functions to parse the string and find the values. If the second, then you'll have to use some other technology (VB, VBScript, etc) to automatically capture the output of the web page.

My blog: SQL Soldier[/url]
    SQL Server Best Practices:
    SQL Server Best Practices
    Twitter: @SQLSoldier
    My book: Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring[/url]
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, Data Platform MVP
    Database Engineer at BlueMountain Capital Management[/url]

• Sorry for delay guys.

I simply have link which point to other server like :-

http://ipaddress/pricing/rqst/p?function=getinvno  

when i click this link it gives me value in new window like pure hyperlink... and value like OK,CS/1672

i need to store this value by system date, customercode, CS/1672 in a table

Kind Regards

• Can you clarify what you need to store and where it comes from? Is it the value inside the page somewhere? If so, you need a parser to parse the HTML code and look for the value.

• The 2 most logical options seem to be, in my opinion:

1. Use the sp_OA.... (OLE Automation) procedures to create an instance of the XMLHTTP object to access the page and download the output.

2. Use an ActiveX script inside a DTS package to do the same, use the XMLHTTP object to access teh page and download the object.

My blog: SQL Soldier[/url]
    SQL Server Best Practices:
    SQL Server Best Practices
    Twitter: @SQLSoldier
    My book: Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring[/url]
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, Data Platform MVP
    Database Engineer at BlueMountain Capital Management[/url]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply