T logs increasing

• Hi

In one of our servers the t-logs of one of the database which is in full recovery mode and with hourly log backups has increased

im not able to find the exact error/cause for this from the event viewer or logs

can anyone let me know where else do i have to check

Thanks

• Have you checked long running queries and/or transactions?  Could be someone took out a transaction and never committed it.  That'll make the log grow.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• Hi

if it is filing out

DBCC SQLPERF(LOGSPACE);

check log_reuse_wait column in sys.databases it will show what is the reason

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/system-catalog-views/sys-databases-transact-sql?view=sql-server-ver15

if this was an incident in the past you could check Reports->Disk usage when autogrowth events occurred and correlate it with some db activity

• Hi,

check your scheduler, if there are maybe some maintenance jobs. Like index maintenance or something like that.

Or, if you got performance monitoring, check if there was more traffic on your network, maybe your application made an bulkimport  / import with many data, and created many log informations.

Kind regards,

Andreas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply