sysmail service stops every 5 seconds

• Receive the following error in the SQL Logs:

The activated proc [dbo].[sp_sysmail_activate] running on queue msdb.dbo.ExternalMailQueue output the following: 'The service queue "ExternalMailQueue" is currently disabled.

When I go to activate the ExternalMailQueue, it goes into Receives_Occurring state for about 5 seconds, and then back to inactive.

When I query the ExternalMailQueue, I show one record, but nothing that really stands out. From what I've read, it could be a bad message that is causing the Queue to go into inactive state?

Has anyone run into this message before and any solutions to fix? Is there a way to flush out what's in the queue, then set it to active?

• i would swear i've seen this; i think it has to do with the account that is starting the service having the password/expired/changed.

i'm not having luck finding it in my snippets though.

go to Control Panel>>Administrative Tools>>Services;

check the Services that are related to SQL, and make sure all the services are started;

start them manually, and if they stop right away, you'll know where to fix it.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply