Subscriptions Failing. Log contains "Error while copying content to a stream"

• Subscriptions started failing recently.

SSRS 2017 using AWS SES via SMTP relay on server.

I am seeing this error in RSManagement logs -- I don't know if it is related or not:

SSRS System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Error while copying content to a stream. ---> System.IO.IOException ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request Line 3: at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.RequestProcessing.ExceptionFilterStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult

Any ideas what this error means, and how to resolve it?

I had added registry settings to ensure we use TLS1.2 for mail as described here. I have not yet rebooted the server for the .NET changes.

I'm also finding this error in the logs:

System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)

---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first

. Additional Information: SmtpException StatusCode:MustIssueStartTlsFirst

How can I resolve this? How do I issue STARTTLS when I am using local SMTP relay w/ no login/authentication (of course using authentication to the actual SMTP service)

Can I skip the SMPT relay & use AWS SES SMTP directly w/ TLS settings?

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• I don't and haven't used any of this sort of thing.  "Bumping" this for you and, because I'm interested, for me as well.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply