Strange Behavior upgrading to SP4

• Hello, I have a 2 node cluster with several instances running on Win2k3. 

Trying to upgrade to SP4, but install is ending with this message: "Setup Failed to perform required operations on the cluster nodes". 

The "SQLSP" log files show a couple of errors, one is: "SQL2KSP4\x86\BINN\osql.exe  -Slpc:...."

and the other is: "Action CleanUpInstall", with the next line saying:  "Installation failed"

Starnge thing is that when I check the SQL version (@@version), it shows SP4 version.  Anyone seen this before?

Thanks

A.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I haven't seen this particular problem during an upgrade (we upgraded our clustered production systems to SP4 the other week), however, I have seen similar problems along these lines in the past.

Generally they've always been due to security issues, once it was because i wasn't logged into the passive node with the right account whilst upgrading (don't ask me why but it did).

Occasionally i've also seen them because of previous errors in the event log, i'd suggest that you do the following and then repeat the install.

1. Log on to both nodes with the account you're going to use to upgrade (or the account used to start the SQL service).

2. Clear the event logs on both servers.

3. Install the upgrade from the active node

4. Cross fingers and hope

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply