start sql service as user, not administrator

• Hello,

I'm working on my notebook as a regular user (not as admin) most of the time. For different reasons, I prefer not to have sql server start automatically. However, since I installed the sql server with the admin account, I'm not able to start sql server from my user account. What do I have to change in order to be able to start sql service?

• You can change it in the service manager, change with your windowsc account.

• By default I can't: Access is denied. This is because I do not have administrative privileges with my regular user account. I could use "runas", but then I'd have to type the password of the administrator every time (since the option \savecred should not be used for security reasons).

Therefore, I would like to know where I have to grant privileges in order to use the service manager with a user (not admin) account.

• This is more to do with Windows Security than SQL Security. You should try logging in as an Admin and setting the Local Computer Policy. Don't know exactly which rights you need to assign, so I won't even attempt to mislead you.

Unless there's someone else on the forum thats knows the appropriate rights, you'd probably have more luck posting to a Windows Forum. Something like,

http://forums.windowsitpro.com/web/forum/default.aspx?forumid=8

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply