ssrs default Multi-value parameter select all

• In a new SSRS 2008 report, I want to be able to allow the user to select which report they would like to see generated by selecting the report name from a dropdown list. This is a multi-valued parameter and the parameter name is called 'report'. I would like the default value to be for all 5 reports to be selected.

All 5 reports will be on the 'main' report. There will be no subreports. Each report will have its own unique matrix and the matrix will be visibile based upon what is selected in the parameter called 'report'.

My question is how can I make the 'default' value for the parameter called 'report' have all the reports selected?

Normally to get all multivalued parameter values selected you create a dataset and run a query against a table. However in this case, there is no table to query. The user just selects what report(s) they want executed.

Thus how can I set the default value to select all the parameter values selected?

• Maybe you could create a Value -1 Label -ALL- then put that into the logic for how you are making the other reports show.

So the parameter drop down would look like this

Value Label

-1 -ALL-

1 Report1

2 Report2

In the visibility portion you would say both Values are acceptable to be make the table visible.

=IIF(Parameters!Reports.Value=-1,True,False) OR =IIF(Parameters!Reports.Value=1,True,False)

My syntax is probably way off, but that's my thought on how you might try this one. Not sure if it will work though...:-P

***SQL born on date Spring 2013:-)

• What you suggest would make sense! However won't there be 2 'select alls' in the dropdown list. One would be the one I coded and one would be the default ssrs generates when you setup the parameter to accept a multi-value.

• Default? I have never had Report Builder generate a default. I am confused my friend. I'll be back on in the morn maybe we can get our brains together and get this figured out.

***SQL born on date Spring 2013:-)

• found answer.

• Which was...?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply