SSRS 2008 R2 Authentication issue.

• Hi,

We have implemented Reporting Services on SQL Server 2008 R2. Now the report has to be called from an application/website. I am able to do this, but when I click on the link in the application/website to access the Report Authentication is required. Right now Windows Authentication is implemented for SSRS.I want to eliminate the authentication and allow the direct access to the report when a user clicks on the link. To access the website the User has to go through an authentication, so we want to avoid the second authentication to check the reports. How can I do this?

Regards,

Nithin

• It's hard to guess what the exact problem is from your description.

Is the authentication happening when the users are accessing the data source?

(i.e. you've selected windows auth for the data source and are wondering why that's not working?)

• The issue is currently the SSRS is configured with Windows authentication. I want to change the Windows authentication to user specified authentication. Is there any good documentation for SSRS 2008 R2 Reporting Services Configuration manager.

I am able to access the reports using Windows authentication. i need to change the authentication to user specific authentication.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply