SSRS 2005- Hiding Parameter Conditionally

• In SSRS 2005, How to hide parameter conditionally with out major impact in design

Thanks in advance

Vignesh Badri

• I do not understand what you want to achieve. Please can you give more details about what you want to do, including an example.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

• Need to hide parameter for SSRS reports in run time. Is there any way to achieve it.

Example: Need to hide a parameter based on sql table data.

• Use expression to hide the column. Set the expression on column property

• There are a number of ways to hide a parameter in SSRS, and the right method for you depends on what you want to do. Have you tried Googling 'SSRS Hide Parameter' to see if one of the posts deals with your situation.

One approach I have used is to set up a Linked Report so that parameters that are visible on the master report are given default values and hidden on the linked report.

To do this, create two folders in Report Manager. Put the master copy of your report in FolderA but do not give anyone rights to run the report. Right-click on the report in Report Manager and select Create Linked Report. Specify FolderB as the location for the linked report then save it. Next, go to FolderB, right-click on the report and select Manage. Set the parameters to whatever default values you want and also hide the parameters you do not want people to see. Finally, grant rights to run reports in FolderB to your user group.

I use this approach to tailor reports to different user groups. Each user group has its own report folder, and gets a customised version of the report with the values they need. I also use Linked Report Generator from sqldbatips to help manage refreshing the linked reports when I deploy a new version of the master report.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

• Thanks for the approach, The report parameter values currently loaded from backend using procedure. If value not exists for the report parameter then the parameter need to be hide.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply