SSMS 2016 Losing/Ignoring Settings

• Quite often, I will find that when I open SSMS 2016, it has 'Outlining' turned on, even though it is unchecked if I look at the 'Outline statements' property in

Tools/Options/Text Editor/Transact-SQL/IntelliSense

Anyone else seeing this, or experiencing similar annoyances?

I've just investigated a bit further. It seems to manifest in combination with the SQL Prompt 'Restore open tabs when SSMS starts' option, and only the tab which opens with initial focus is affected.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
    - Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

• Hi

No

My ssms version = 13.0.15000.23 and seems to remember the change in setting.

Catch-all queries done right [/url]
    Gail Shaw's Performance Blog[/url]

• Thanks for posting. I just tried it again and it seems to have gone away, thankfully.

Having my environment settings reset every time I get a version update remains irritating, however!

- Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

• I've lost a few settings recently but it coincided with my installing Visual Studio, and there seems to be a known issue with that.

• Beatrix Kiddo (9/27/2016)

I've lost a few settings recently but it coincided with my installing Visual Studio, and there seems to be a known issue with that.

As SSMS now uses the 'VS isolated shell' (whatever that is), this does not surprise me at all.

- Martin Rees
    - Phil Parkin

• Phil Parkin (9/27/2016)

Beatrix Kiddo (9/27/2016)

I've lost a few settings recently but it coincided with my installing Visual Studio, and there seems to be a known issue with that.

As SSMS now uses the 'VS isolated shell' (whatever that is), this does not surprise me at all.

Would be nice if the updates followed a patch process. Downloading a 800MB install, which you have to go to the MSDB site for, every time, and doing a full install isn't exactly an q streamlined, or quick, process.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply