SSISDB Execution History - Vanished!

• Morning Guys,

Does the execution history of an SSIS package/project get truncated when that project is redeployed? I've recently had to debug a package that was redeployed yesterday and its history has vanished.

My SSIS knoweldge is small, so I'm not sure -- this package runs daily, and we have version history for packages configured as 3 days on the SSISDB and the package was redeployed yesterday, since which the history has gone?

Cheers

Alex

• Redeploying the project doesn't clear the logs, no (or at least not by default. I just checked a project I had made a deployment on this morning, and the logs from the last 7 days are all still there. Though we do also keep a couple of older versions of the project on the server, do you only keep the most recent? They might invalidate the old log.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• We keep 3 iterations of the project version.

I didn't think you lost the history on deployment but I can't see any reason for this history to have vanished. It's quite odd.

• Just to be clear, is it the execution history or the version history that is missing?

If you're using the SSIS catalog for storage and execution, it will automatically purge old log data, but only those logs older than 365 days (by default).

If you redeploy a project, it does not purge the execution history for that project. If you happen to rename a project or the folder that it is in, you would see the log execution history attached to that old folder or project name, but the history will still be in the SSIS catalog logging tables.

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
    TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
    ETL Best Practices

• Execution history is what is missing. Not version history.

Execution history is configured for 90 days, whilst Version history is configured for 3 iterations.

It's only been 24 hours since the last execution history was there.. now its entirely blank.

Cheers!

• Has the history vanished for all projects, or just this one? Or is it just for this one package?

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
    - Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

• Sorry for wasting your time all, turns out this package has never been scheduled! There are very similar named packages in the same project, one letter difference! My eyes glossed over the tiny difference.

Apologies again!

Alex

• alex.sqldba wrote:

Sorry for wasting your time all, turns out this package has never been scheduled! There are very similar named packages in the same project, one letter difference! My eyes glossed over the tiny difference.

Apologies again!

Alex

Thanks for having the humility to admit it. Easy mistake.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
    - Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply