SSIS table to table date change

• Hi,

I am moving data from a SQL 2000 table to a SQL 2008 table using a simple data flow task. The user running the package is in British English format for both databases yet the dates going into SQL 2008 are being swapped around for dates like 01/02/2010 even though the transform is going directly from one table to another.

Does SSIS store dates in a different format? Like MMDDYYYY rather than DDMMYYYY?

I could use an expression to insert the date in a specific format, but I would have thought this was unnecessary when inserting into one table directly from another where the source and destinations fields are both DATETIME.

Any ideas as to why this might be happening would be most welcome!

Thanks,

Jinx.

• Problem solved.

• HI,

i am having the same problem when moving data from oracle to sql.

Could you please post the method solve this issue.

Thank Q

• Harry, go into the dataflow task and check what metadata type the column in question is. That will help us figure out where your issue might be hiding.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Hi Craig Farrell,

Thanks for your response.

I got a oracle table to migrate into sql server.

Oracle Table:

column name:start date

Datatype: Date

Value: 30-OCT-09

i am trying to implement same in sql server table.

Need some assistance with this.

Thanks in advance.

• Right, that's on the oracle side. What we need to do confirm that your ODBC driver is taking that to the SSIS as datetime. You need to look at the resulting metatype in the stream in SSIS.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply