SSIS package failure

• At this point i have absolutely no idea if my question has an easy fix or will be painstakingly difficult to solve. Unfortunately this is because I have very little experience in the associated programs and concepts and know nothing other than everything i have taught myself over the course of the last 2 months.

I got hired to do a job where I have immediately been thrust into a sink or swim environment and have to write packages in microsoft visual studio 2008 as a part of a new system the company wants to implement.

That is why I am here, if this query is ill-directed or would be better placed elsewhere if someone could point me in the right direction i'd be grateful.

there are 4 or 5 of the 18 packages i need that all fall down the same way with the following errors,

[ADO NET Source [1]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_INDUCEDTRANSFORMFAILUREONERROR. The "component "ADO NET Source" (1)" failed because error code 0x80131937 occurred, and the error row disposition on "output column "oid" (71)" specifies failure on error. An error occurred on the specified object of the specified component. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

[ADO NET Source [1]] Error: The component "ADO NET Source" (1) was unable to process the data. Pipeline component has returned HRESULT error code 0xC0209029 from a method call.

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on component "ADO NET Source" (1) returned error code 0xC02090F5. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

If at all possible i'd like to know what the error basically is stating and maybe a directive to what needs to be done in order to rectify it. I said I was confident i'd be able to figure this all out and don't want to fall at the first hurdle

• For one, take a look here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969845/EN-US

Secondly, you may want to look more into handling errors in your package. You can use the error path to capture the information about the package at the time of the error. This will aid you in troubleshooting & debugging.

Another thing to keep in mind in SSIS is that errors will bubble up. Often time you may only have one issue but it may actually generate several error messages. For example, a component in the data flow could fail & generate an error, which could cause the data flow task to fail as well, which could cause the container it is in fail, which could cause the package to fail... and so on.

So, sometimes, its not as bad as it looks a first glance.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply