SSIS package Excel source hanging in validation or prepare for execute phase

• Hi everyone,

For several weeks now we have issues with an SSIS package connected to an Azure SQL server which sometimes (at least every few days) hangs in the Validation phase of an Excel source task which reads an Excel file from a shared network drive, or lately, also failed with error in the Prepare for Execute phase (no error event even triggered, so I only notice this when checking logs).

The error never seems to happen when the package is run manually from SSMS, only when it's scheduled to run at night.

I tried rebuilding the dataflow task, changing to different versions of  the Micrsoft Excel version (driver), but the error keeps appearing from time to time.

Has anyone had any simular issues? Or maybe some ideas how to troubleshoot the issue as there is really nothing to go on now.

Thanks

• I have a suggestion to help avoid this problem. Make step one of your process a file copy, to bring the Excel file to a local (to the server) drive. Then continue the import using the local version of the file.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
    - Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply