SSIS Package error when running through SQL Agent job

• Hi,

Can someone please help me resolve below error.

To run a SSIS package outside of SQL Server Data Tools you must install Standard Edition (64-bit) of Integration Services or higher. End Error DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1).

I'm running my package using SQL Server agent Job. But it is throwing error as above. It is running fine when run on VS 2019.

SQL Server 2019 is installed. SSIS was installed through VS using manage Extensions.

On the same server there are other jobs as well that is running fine while executing other SSIS packages.

Please help

Regards,

Anshu

• What version of SQL Server 2019 is installed? (Enterprise/Standard/Express etc)

Can you confirm that you have other SQL Agent jobs configured which execute SSIS packages?

The VS extension which allows you to create or modify SSIS projects does not 'install SSIS'.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
    - Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

•  

Also SQL Agent job is configured correctly. Other packages are running fine without error.

• That does not tell you the version of SQL Server. Please run this query on the server and post back the results:

SELECT
    Version = SERVERPROPERTY('productversion')
    , Level = SERVERPROPERTY('productlevel')
    , Edition = SERVERPROPERTY('edition');

- Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

• OK, I looked closer at the error and it sounds like Integration Services was not installed on the server. This is part of the SQL Server installation process and not something you run from a client machine.

See the following link for details: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/integration-services/install-windows/install-integration-services?view=sql-server-ver16

However, that does not explain why other packages can be run from SQL Agent. That is a puzzle.

- Martin Rees
    - Phil Parkin

• If this is a production server, you shouldn't be running Developer Edition on it!

But if it's not, and Integration Services has been installed as per the link I sent earlier, I see no reason why you would receive that message, for just one of your packages. Doesn't make sense, there must be something different about this package, or the way it is configured.

- Martin Rees
    - Phil Parkin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply