SSIS multiple Excel Files import to DB

• I am trying to do a simple multiple Excel Files import to DB using SSIS.

The data flow task with a single excel files works fine. When I add the for each loop, it get the error"Could not find installable ISAM". This is when I use the Excel Connection and changing the connectionstring to the dynamic variable from the for each loop. When I use the excelfile path , it also fails.

I am following the instructions from teh microsoft msdn site as below. Both user variables are defines correctly as well.

connectionstring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + @[User::ExcelFile] + ";Extended Properties=\"" + @[User::ExtProperties] + "\""

There is a smilar questin on this forum http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic516764-148-1.aspx. But for me it does not work either.

I tried the same with a flat file instead of a excel and excel connection manager, it works fine.

Any pointers will be very helpful

• Hi,

I see your post is very old, were you able to resolve this issue ?

For Each file works fine for me. Just checking if you follow same steps as I do. This is what I do, When I establish excel connection in Connection manager I first define path of Excel. In Expression I set it to variable which holds information on fileName. I set variable values in Foreachloop container.

Hope this helps :-).

Raj

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply