SSIS error when doing Fiuzzy Grouping

• Hi. I'm getting these errors when doing a Fuzzy Grouping in SSIS - can anyone assist?

[Fuzzy Grouping Inner Data Flow : DTS.Pipeline] Error: component "Fuzzy Lookup" (69) failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0x8000FFFF.

[Fuzzy Grouping [82]] Error: A Fuzzy Grouping transformation pipeline error occurred and returned error code 0x8000FFFF: "An unexpected error occurred.".

I only get this error on large volumes of data - 1.5 million rows. It works fine on a small recordset. I am running the package from a Windows Server desktop with 512mb RAM, pointing to a database on a Windows Server (also a desktop) with 1024mb RAM.

I have tried both a DataReader and OLE DB Source as input to the Fuzzy Grouping.

Could this be a memory issue?

If you can help, I'd be very grateful! I can't seem to find anything to help me on the web.

Wayne

When in doubt - test, test, test!

Wayne

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Do you have SQL Server 2005 SP1 installed on both machines?  There was a memory leak problem with Fuzzy Lookup/Grouping that SP1 fixed.

I'm sure I've run across this error during my testing but can't remember exactly what caused it right now.  It's been a while since you posted, did you figure it out?

I normally use OLE DB Source and Destination and haven't played with the DataReader yet.

37SOLUTIONS
    We'll find the solution that's right for you!
    Website Hosting | Website Design | MSSQL/MySQL Hosting | Database Development | Research/Consulting

• Thanks for the reply. I took a look at the SP1 fix, but my problem did not meet the requirements for that bug.

I actually did fix the problem by upgrading the RAM on my PC.

It is irritating that SSIS did not give me more information.

Thanks, Wayne

When in doubt - test, test, test!

Wayne

• Read this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912423/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply