SSIS Deployment error Need help

• Hello all,

I have an SQL 2012 standard ED. and also have SSDT 2015 installed.  I have an SSIS package that runs fine when executed manually. However, when I try to deploy the SSIS to SSISDB;  I error out with the following error.

TITLE: SQL Server Integration Services
    ------------------------------

failed to load assembly Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.IntegrationServicesEnum. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft%20SQL%20Server&LinkId=20476

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.IntegrationServicesEnum, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (mscorlib)

The MS link above doesn't work.  I have read that installing " SQL Shared Server Object for 2012" would correct the issue. But this is not the case.

Please advise.

TY

• Joe Zonum - Monday, January 30, 2017 9:01 AM

Hello all,

I have an SQL 2012 standard ED. and also have SSDT 2015 installed.  I have an SSIS package that runs fine when executed manually. However, when I try to deploy the SSIS to SSISDB;  I error out with the following error.

TITLE: SQL Server Integration Services

failed to load assembly Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.IntegrationServicesEnum. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft%20SQL%20Server&LinkId=20476

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.IntegrationServicesEnum, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (mscorlib)

The MS link above doesn't work.  I have read that installing " SQL Shared Server Object for 2012" would correct the issue. But this is not the case.

Please advise.

TY

First thought would be that the package has a script task which has missing dependencies, have you checked that?
    😎

• Check the Target Server version in the properties of the project. It should be set to SQL Server 2012. If you created a new project using Data Tools 2015 it will default to SQL Sever 2016

• [/quote]

First thought would be that the package has a script task which has missing dependencies, have you checked that?
    😎

[/quote]

I don't think that's the case; because I am able to run the SSIS manually without issue.  The package using variables to find an .XML file within a share, strips the date from the XML file, changes the first 5 rows to correct some characters, truncates a table and inserts the data from the .XML and moves the file to an archive. Nothing too crazy.

• FridayNightGiant - Monday, January 30, 2017 9:51 AM

Check the Target Server version in the properties of the project. It should be set to SQL Server 2012. If you created a new project using Data Tools 2015 it will default to SQL Sever 2016

Hello, Your were correct that the setting was set to SQL 2016 but after changing it to SQL 2012 .  The error still exists.

• Joe Zonum - Monday, January 30, 2017 10:00 AM

😎

[/quote]
    I don't think that's the case; because I am able to run the SSIS manually without issue.  The package using variables to find an .XML file within a share, strips the date from the XML file, changes the first 5 rows to correct some characters, truncates a table and inserts the data from the .XML and moves the file to an archive. Nothing too crazy.[/quote]Could this possibly be a permission issue?
    😎

By running it manually, do you mean on the same system as a pkg file where it fails from the package store?

• I don't think its a permission issue on the share.  I am using a startup account for the SQL services which has full access to the share.  To ensure it was not a permission issue;  I included "everyone" with read\write access.  Error continues to exist.

• Joe Zonum - Monday, January 30, 2017 10:15 AM

I don't think its a permission issue on the share.  I am using a startup account for the SQL services which has full access to the share.  To ensure it was not a permission issue;  I included "everyone" with read\write access.  Error continues to exist.

By running it manually, do you mean on the same system as a pkg file where it fails from the package store?
        Correct, I created the package on the SQL server which has SSDT installed on it.   The package exists on its own target server.

• possibly a dumb question but how are you accessing the share?
    is it by drive letter (Z:\) or by UNC name (\\sharename\sharefolder)?
    Visual studio will run the SSIS package as you so drive letter will work.  the SSIS server will run the package as the service account and will not have access to drive letters without some fancy back end magic.

Try replacing the drive letter with an actual path.

Also, are you using project or package deployment and is your SSIS server set up for package or project deploymnet.  Since you mention 2012 as your SSIS server, I am assuming you have an SSIS catalog and thus should be using project deployment.
    What happens if you try to import the DTSX package to the server via SSMS instead of pushing it from Visual Studio?

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• Joe Zonum - Monday, January 30, 2017 10:07 AM

FridayNightGiant - Monday, January 30, 2017 9:51 AM

Check the Target Server version in the properties of the project. It should be set to SQL Server 2012. If you created a new project using Data Tools 2015 it will default to SQL Sever 2016

Hello, Your were correct that the setting was set to SQL 2016 but after changing it to SQL 2012 .  The error still exists.

Did you rebuild the project after changing that setting?

• BMG002 -  I am using a shared folder and have the paths listed as  (\\ServerName\SharedFolder)  
    The share exist on a different server  (the App server)

I am given the option to " Convert to Package Deployment Model"  So I am  assumming I am using Project Delployment model.

I am getting this error when I try to connect to SSIS

TITLE: Connect to Server

Cannot connect to <DB SERVER NAME>.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Failed to retrieve data for this request. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc)

Connecting to the Integration Services service on the computer "<DB SERVER NAME>" failed with the following error: "Access is denied."

By default, only administrators have access to the Integration Services service. On Windows Vista and later, the process must be running with administrative privileges in order to connect to the Integration Services service. See the help topic for information on how to configure access to the service.

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=220763

Connecting to the Integration Services service on the computer "<DB SERVER NAME>" failed with the following error: "Access is denied."

By default, only administrators have access to the Integration Services service. On Windows Vista and later, the process must be running with administrative privileges in order to connect to the Integration Services service. See the help topic for information on how to configure access to the service.

BUTTONS:

OK
    I am the an SA Admin on both SQL and at the server level.

• FridayNightGiant - Monday, January 30, 2017 10:22 AM

Joe Zonum - Monday, January 30, 2017 10:07 AM

Yes... Project was rebuilt.

• Have you checked the connection configurations?
    😎

• Joe Zonum - Monday, January 30, 2017 10:42 AM

FridayNightGiant - Monday, January 30, 2017 10:22 AM

Joe Zonum - Monday, January 30, 2017 10:07 AM

Yes... Project was rebuilt.

A Rebuild rather than a build? There is a difference. If that doesn't work I would be tempted to add a new script task, copy the code over and then delete the old one.

• Eirikur Eiriksson - Monday, January 30, 2017 10:47 AM

Have you checked the connection configurations?
    😎

Do you mean.. the file share and server connections under "Connection Managers" ... If So yes... They all tested OK.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply