SQL:BatchStarting but SP:starting never happens...

• In an ASP page several stored procedures are being executed - some with record sets some just execute.  The code gets to the last stored procedure and attempts "cn.execute sSQL".  It doesn't appear to execute though.  When I profile it I get the SQL:BatchStarting and SQL:BatchCompleted events but never a SQL:Starting or SP:Completed(I know profiler is catching these - the other SP are showing up just fine).  I haven't been able to trap an error.  It juts look like it never tries to execute it.  I can't reproduce it except in this application.  It will run as coded on a test server (W2003) but not on productino (W2K).  Since I can't reproduce it it's hard to run trial and error.  I've racked my brain trying to think of possible issues, so I'm just asking for ideas - anyone got any?

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Hi Jane,

I had a similar issue about a year ago, but I'm not entirely sure how it was resolved.

I think part of the problem was that I was running the connection locally, and when I put it up on the test server, I needed to use a different connection type. (the test environment required an ADODB connection, while the local one did not.)

Peter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply