SQL Server to ORACLE

• Hi all,

Does anybody ever try to replicate data from SQL Server to ORACLE ?

• Yes, but it was a real pain I eventually shot in the head. Your better off using DTS due to permission issues you will run into with replication unless you are trying real time. Describe to me what you need to do and what version of each server and I can see if I can walk you done some kind of path.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• Nothing, I just wondering wether i could implementing a real time data transfer

Right now I'm using DTS to transfer the data between this two servers.

• I think its worth trying - the mechanics of replication aren't that complicated. Then again, I don't know Oracle. But I'd bet it will work.

Andy

• Oh it works and worked just fine under Oracle 7.x, but as the newer versions of Oracle came out (8.x, 9.x) I started having troubles with the Oracle Drivers and the data types started giving me unknown datatype errors. So I had to rebuild the replication over, and over. The other real problem was I didn't have a test server available for all this so I ended up back where I started.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply