SQL Server & Sybase SQL Anywhere

• Hi all,

Just a quick question. Has anyone had Sybase SQL Anywhere installed on the same server as a SQL2000 installation?

Any issues experienced or reasons why this should not happen?

Thanks,

Clive

Clive Strong

cstrong@kingston-technology.com

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Guess not. I'd appreciate a follow up note once you figure out if it works or not - someone will ask it again, sooner or later!

Andy

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/

• I haven't, but I have worked with SQL Anywhere. There's no reason why they shouldn't be able to coexist.

I wouldn't do it, just because I don't like to install anything else on a SQL Server server, but I suppose sometimes it is unavoidable.

• Hi,

I have installed SQL SERVER and Sybase SQL any where client on same machine, did not face any problems.

Thanks.

• Thanks lot. Unfortunately, I didn't install it, but it was installed without me knowing!

It hasn't caused any issues as yet. I was just seeing if there was any issues any of you had experienced. I will, however, keep an eye on the server and should I notice anything I will post further information.

Clive Strong

cstrong@kingston-technology.com

• We have both install on the same machine(Test Area) with no problems? One note is if you decide to uninstall SQL Anywhere it does utilize some ODBC dll's that are shared with SQL Server.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply