SQL Server Service Broker - Performance

• Microsoft has a white paper posted on SSSB, indicating some message rate transfers between end points. I have tried to obtain metrics on the actual I/O between SB end points, especially if communicating over a WAN.

To my mind, the I/O should be made up of the message size and some overhead. If 5,000 messages are transmitted and received over a TCP/ IP connection, according to the white paper's test results (one Target and one Initiator server Figure 2), it would be interesting to understand the impact of this on the TCP\IP line.

I have done some searching on the Internet, but could not really divvy up much on this.

I would be interested in learning about your experience with SB, especially around the bandwidth utilisation when sending over a WAN.

Thanks;-)

• There is a Micorosoft Case study listed about the MySpace adoption of Service Broker available.

It would seem that the most profound issue with I/O verbosity is the opening and closing of conversations, i.e. in addition to the actual message size and volume.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply