SQL Server Reporting Services

• Hi All

Why does Reporting Services services just stop? It runs under LocalSystem account; no errors in RS error logs, nothing that indicates that there was a problem.

It happened on TEST; we just started it again; but now it happened on PROD, also started it again; (this should NOT to happen on PROD.)

Is there a way I can see why it was stopped or by whom? Or maybe the localssytem account that lost a connection?

Thanks in advance

Anchelin

• I have run into this mysterious behavior myself, and never found a clue as to why it would happen. I had a production server that would be found with RS stopped on Monday morning almost every week. I never found any clues as to why it happened.

Chris

Learning something new on every visit to SSC. Hoping to pass it on to someone else.

• The most likely reason for such issues is installing SSRS in other drive because Microsoft require the configuration path to be fixed that is install in C drive.

The other is IIS and SSRS in different boxes or too many applications running in IIS.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply