SQL Server HTTP Post

• Hi all,

I am trying to make a HTTP post to a URL, sending a simple XML struct as the posting data, using a call to sp_OACreate 'WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1'. Everything seems to be set up correctly (I tested it piece-by-piece and worked out other errors previous to this one such as improper syntax and method calls), except that the response from the page (reponsetext) is always 'FAIL'. I don't see any errors on either server or anywhere else that gives me any clues. I can set up a simple HTML page with the same XML and run it successfully with the desired effect, but I need to initialize the call in SQL server since it will be kicked off with a record insert to a table. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this? I think I'm missing something simple here. Please let me know if more information would help. Thanks in advance.

• i would suggest seeing if you can get it to work to that same URL and with that same XML outside of SQL Server.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• And it would be helpful if you can post a repro-script.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply