SQL Server Connection in SQL Server 2000

• Hi,

I have SQL Server 2000 in one of the production server, where in earlier i was connecting to the local sql Query analyser by using the ip name or alias name for example deeps, within the server or across the server between the other machines.

But now once the SQL has been reinstalled i am not able to connect to the local SQL Query ANalyser with the ip or my alias name deeps, in other ways it is allowing me to connect if i give like this deeps\deeps.

what might be the reason and how to overcome this and i need to connect to SQL Query Analyser locally with ip or alias name (deeps) instead of deeps\deeps.

please let me know should i reinstall the SQL server again or do i have any command to overcome this.

With Regards

• Looks like you installed a named instance when reinstalling SQL Server. You can now either use the named instance name Deep\Deep or you can create an alias in your client network utility. Using the IP-address I wouldn't recommend but IP-Address\Deep should also work.

[font="Verdana"]Markus Bohse[/font]

• Ok, thanks a ton. If i create an alias in the client utility will i be able to login to the local server with the alias name and will i be able to connect to deeps instance from other servers which are in network.

will this any way affect the replication if i try to push this sql server as a subscriber please let me know

with Regards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply