Sql server agent service - Stopped

• In my base machine , SQL server agent service is not coming up and is showing the error : (Agent xps Disabled ) .

I had done a fresh installation of another SQL server named instance , but again it is throwing me the same error of this instance.

All the SQL Services are not coming up .

Please suggest the remedy for the concern .

Thanks .

• abhishek_dwivedi03 (12/12/2011)

In my base machine , SQL server agent service is not coming up and is showing the error : (Agent xps Disabled ) .

I had done a fresh installation of another SQL server named instance , but again it is throwing me the same error of this instance.

All the SQL Services are not coming up .

Please suggest the remedy for the concern .

Thanks .

Can you please post the contents of the errorlog? You do not need the service to be up- just go to the log directory and post the contents of the ERRORLOG file. Also, might be helpful to have errorlog.1 and errorlog.2... etc... if you have attempted to start multiple times.

• Not just errorlog, but also sqlagent.out. If you don't have a sqlagent.out, then that's probably the problem - the service is configured to write to a folder that doesn't exist or to which it doesn't have access.

John

• John Mitchell-245523 (12/12/2011)

Not just errorlog, but also sqlagent.out. If you don't have a sqlagent.out, then that's probably the problem - the service is configured to write to a folder that doesn't exist or to which it doesn't have access.

John

Notice he says "all the SQL Services are not coming up"... thinking the agent is just failing to start because it's dependent on the SQL Server Service... but the logs shall tell us...

• Possibly, but I've only ever seen the "Agents XPs disabled" notice next to the SQL Server Agent icon in Management Studio - and you can only see that if SQL Server is running, as far as I know. As you pointed out - time will tell.

John

• You can also see "Agent XPs disabled" in SQL Server Configuration Manager... which is what I was assuming he was talking about... the suspense is killing me 😉

• ;0 😉

Sql server service is up and running fine ....

Agent is only that is not coming up

• when i check for the contents in the errorlogfile and sqlagent.out , it shows me that windows event log service has not been started .

i try to start it manually but it fails with the error code 4021 ...pls suggest .

Thanks

• Can you please post the contents of the errorlog and the sqlagent.out... not just the error you think might be the problem, but the entire log around the time you attempted to start the agent service?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply