SQL Server Agent Job - Email Notification On Job Failure

• Hi,

I have a job scheduled in SQL Server Agent that executes an SSIS package, it runs perfectly but when it doesn't run sucessfully I want to be sent an email. I thought the way to do this would be to use the 'Notifications' are on the job properties window but this does not list any options in the 'operator' drop down box.

I have setup a Database Mail profile which I've tested successfully (for the time being it is set as a public profile) and I edited the SQL Server Agent 'Alert System' properties to have the Mail Session enabled and Database Mail and my profile selected.

I'm not sure what else I need to do in order to setup email notification on this job, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks,

Laura

• Hi Laura

Check out this document:http://www.proprofs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12070 and download it as a PDF.

It will guide you through setting up mail profiles etc and once you have completed all the steps then you will find that the operators are available for selection on the notifications menu on your scheduled plan.

• Thanks 🙂

• but this does not list any options in the 'operator' drop down box.

You have to created an operator first.

It is very easy to create an operator.

Expand "SQL Server Agent". Right click on Operatorts. Select "New Operator...". Enter the name and email address. Click OK.

• This is what I was looking for! Thank you very much, I didn't even see the 'Operators' folder, doh!

Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply