SQL Server 2012 Standerd Edition Upgrade to SP3

• Hi

We have SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition without any service pack so we need to upgrade to SP3. can we do the in-house upgrade ?. Appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks

Harshana

• Harshana-455711 (11/15/2016)

Hi

We have SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition without any service pack so we need to upgrade to SP3. can we do the in-house upgrade ?. Appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks

Harshana

I don't understand what you mean by "in-house upgrade", but you can just install the SP3 on any SQL Server you have. A service pack includes all hotfixes and CU's since the RTM. There is no need to first install SP1 and SP2. During the install the SQL Server service will be stopped , so the database server will be unavailable untill the install is finished. Of course it is wise to install it first on a development server before applying it on production. Additionally make sure you have a viable backup of the databases in the rare case something goes completely wrong.

** Don't mistake the ‘stupidity of the crowd’ for the ‘wisdom of the group’! **
  • Hi Hanshi

Thank you very much for your reply...

In-House I meant In-Place upgrade, anyway I got the correct answer, thanks a lot..

Thanks

Harshana

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply