SQL Server 2012 Cluster Installation

• Hi,

I am trying to install a 2012 RC0 single node cluster on Vmware.But at this point(screenshot attached) the set up is not moving forward.Its now been almost 2 hours.

Any inputs ?

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am just an another naive wannabe DBA trying to learn SQL Server

• Its still running.

In the Task Manager "scenarioengine.exe" seems to be running and using the most memory.Not sure what that exe does.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• is this VM sharing host resources?

what version vmware?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• No its not sharing any of the host resources.The version is 7.1.4 build 385536

Is there a possibility that this is happening due to corrupt installation media ?

• There is some logging in the install bootstrap folder. For me this was C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\Log and then in the most recent folder there's a Detail.txt file.

I found my issue(s) by searching for "error" and\or "warning". This has helped me resolve several issues.

• Thanks.

There is absolutely nothing logged in there for that error.In fact before posting the issue on this forum I had thoroughly went through the installation steps multiple times to see if there is any logging done.

I first thought the issue might be because of network binding which came as a warning during the cluster validation.Though I fixed that warning the installation still fails to move ahead.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply